Sunday 8 February 2009

Finally Getting Somewhere!


Hello friends. My apologies for neglecting my duty to update this blog as often as I should, however, I am pleased to bring good news about my project in Algeria.


As the previous post details, the graduates of the last Medical English class were presented with their certificates by the British Ambassador at a CLUB Hopeland event on the 22nd January this year. This coincided with the start of the third Medical English group at the Institute. The course has been gaining popularity and a waiting list has now been drawn up for the next course in June / July 2009.


Whilst the majority of students prefer to enrol directly with the school, there has also been continued interest from hospitals and clinics and this week saw the first course to be run on-site at a hospital in central Algiers.


We now also have a group on 'Facebook' called Algerian Medics where the students can interact with one another and keep updated with the latest events at the school.


I will let you know as things develop!

No comments:

It's not all work, work, work!!!!!!

It's not all work, work, work!!!!!!